There is a Varad Vinayaks (Lord Ganesh ) temple at Kelzer which is also known as one of the Ganesh temple from Ashtavinayaka in Vidarbha region. The Sculpture of Lord Ganesha is found in the past period of Arya.
Vishwa Shanti Stup
In 1935, Fuji Guruji from
Gitai Mandir (Temple)
This is the mandir where Vinobas Gitai became perpetual. Vinoba Bhave translated the Bagwat Gita in the book Gitai. For this purpose number of polished stones are brought from different places and arranged vertically in shape of cow and 18 Shlokas (sections) of the Gita are engraved on it. This temple is unlike to the general temple. It has no ceiling, no walls.
Beside the mandir, permanent exhibition is arranged in Shanti Kuti in memory of Mahatma Gandhi and Jamnalal Bajaj.
Gandhi Gyan Mandir
It is a public library opposite to Bajajwadi. Various books written by Mahatma Gandhi and books written on him are available here. In addition this, the valuable collection of literature, Economics, Politics, Social Sciences and other subject can be referred.
The foundation stone of the Gyan Mandir was laid by Dr. Rajendra Prasad in 1950, and it was inaugurated by Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru in 1954.
Sewagram - Bapu Kuti
Mahatma Gandhi came Wardha in the year 1934. On the request by late jamnalalji Bajaj, he selected the Segaon village for his Ashram or Kuti. Later this village renamed as Sewagram. Mahatma Gandhi continued his freedom movement from this ashram. Various articles , needy things used by Gandhi are kept here as it is. The premises of the Ashram having the Adi Niwas, Ba Kuti (Shelter of Kasturba Gandhi), Akhri Niwas, Mahadeo Kuti, Kishor Kuti and other historical places maintaining as its original status by the trusty of the Ashram.
Permanent Photo exhibition of the Gandhi is there near the Ashram.
Tourism and Development Department of Government of
In memory of Gandhi,
Paunar - Paramdham Ashram
Paramdham Ashram is established by Acharya Vinoba Bhave in the year 1934 on the bank of river Dham in Paunar village five miles way from Wardha. Vinobaji longed for self-realisation and left home in search of Brahma. Further he thought, Gandhijis Ashram would show the light he aspired for and so joined it.
After an inner call, he left Paunar and initiated unending Padayatra, the march for Gramdan and Bhoodan (Donation of land for landless peoples).
The idea of Brahma Vidya was crystallised in 1958 during his morning walks with his associates. Vinobaji recognized that the real freedom can come to a group mind, working through the group. However, Bharat Chhode movement is also continued from this ashram with his leadership.
The river Dhan flows in Paunar in which Gandhijis asthi were desoved.
In Selu Taluka, village Bori is 32 K.M. away from Wardha. A dam is constructed on river Bor near village. The premises of Dam is having the beautiful garden and there is a reserve forest developed by declaring it as tourist place. This place is full of flora and fauna having hills with dense forest over there.
In the Bor Dam premises, this Dhamma camp centre and Stup is established near Bor water storage in
Selu Tahasil on a hilly area. The financial aid is supported to construct this Dhamma
Every year camp is held here. Many foreigners visits this place . The architecture of Stup is so beautiful that the statues of Lord Goutam Buddha in various expressions can be seen here.
This village in Karanja Tahasil, is near by dense forest so called forest village 64 KM away from Wardha city. Various animals can be observed in forest. The natural scenes can watch from available forest guest house on the hill.
Girad is 59 KM away from
Wardha and it is in Samudrapur Tahasil. There is a Tomb of Shaikh Farid baba a famous sant
of Muslim. It is also tell that, the sant is in standing reverse position and doing the
This forest village is situated on mountains of Satpuda hill
ranges near the sub
Magan Sangrahalaya (Museum)
It is in the middle of the Wardha city. The museum is inaugurated
Rashtra Bhasha Prachar Samiti
This institution was started in 1936 in Wardha under the
Presidentship of Dr. Rajendra Prasad, as a result of a resolution of the Hindi Sahitya
Sammelan at its
The Rashtra Bhasha Prachar Samiti conducts Hindi examinations
Laxmi Narayana Mandir (Temple)
It is the residence of the late Shri Jamnalal Bajaj who played the host to all the national leaders during the freedom struggle, more specially, at the time of the Congress Working Committee meetings at Wardha. In the Guest House attached to Bajajwadi, Dr. Rajendra Prasad, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Sarojini Nayadu, Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan, Dr. Subhash Chandra Bose used to stay during their visits to Wardha for meeting Gandhiji. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru generally stayed in the main Bajajwadi bungalow.
During the pre-Independence period. Lunches and dinners were
arranged in the back side open space of the main building. All the national leaders used
to take food in the Indian style, sitting on the floor.
Ashti is Tahasil Head quarter place. There is a centre of Arti
Mandal of Saint Tukdoji Maharaj. Ashti had created a important place in Indian History.
Sonegaon in Deoli Tahasil is 7 KM away from Dahegaon (Rly)
station on Nagpur-Mumbai railway line. Here we can find the articles of old Houses,
temples of God Krishna, Laxmi-Narayana,
This village is situated on the bank of river Wardha in Hinganghat
Tahasil from 34 KM away from Wardha. Saint Nanaji Maharaj had built a beautiful
It is in Deoli Tahasil and 40 KM away from Wardha. It is
believed the the Ramayana rishi Vashishta have arragned Koti yadnya here. This place is on
the north bank of the river Wardha on which there is a 'Hemadpanthi'
Pothra Dam in Hinganghat Tahasil is 65 KM away from Wardha. The premises of the Dam is very beautiful and natural. Various types of bird arrives here. The Water reservoir is with the same level of land. Therefore government had proposed to provide the facility of Rest houses, Water game, Garden, Toilets.
This place is situated on the bank of river Vena in Hinganghat
Taluka and it is 28 KM away from Wardha. Huge fair is held at the old
Pohana is on the bank o river Wardha in Hinganghat and at the
north side 50 KM away from Wardha. It is told that the Pohana is settled by Prithvi sen
the grandson of Pravarsen (First) and son of Rudrasen. Old
Mandgaon in Samudrapur Tahasil is 31 KM away from North-East
side of Wardha. It is situated on the joining place of three rivers viz. Vena, Wardha and
Yashoda. It is believed that the name Mandgaon is due to Sant Mando was staying here for
long time. Few places such as
This is holly place of Goddesses Mahakali in Arvi Tahasil 35 KM 35 KM from Wardha city. The Mahakali Dam is developed on the river Dham. The river is originated from the hills of Garamsur on the Kharangana-Kondhali route. The Mahakali temple built on the bottom side of the Dam. The valuable and dense green forest surrounding the water storage attracts the tourists. Staying facility for the pilgrims is available here. Government had promoted it as a tourist place by providing the Rest Houses, gardens, Water boating etc to attract the tourists.
It is a Taluka Head quarter of the district on Delhi-Chennai railway line. 55 KM from Wardha. The river Vena flows near the city. The old temple of Malhari-Martand is developed by Dadoba Borkar, the Sardar of Bhosale in memory of his mother in the period 1792-1805. The required stones for the temple construction are brought from Varora, Bhandak, Bhatala and other places. The construction is completed under supervision of some architecture from Rajasthan with tremendous efforts. The design of the sculptures on temple memorizes the events in Ramayana and Mahabharata.
Bansilal Kochar had developed the Jain temple in 1955 which
one of the beautiful